Tuesday night Pure Nutrition + Wellness hosted the first of two Breast Health Awareness lectures in the month of October, which is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. In addition to discussing genetic and epigenetic factors in the development of cancer, we talked about the signs and symptoms to watch for.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- A breast lump or thickening that feels different from the surrounding tissue
- Bloody discharge, or other unusual discharge from your nipple
- A change in your breast’s size or shape
- Changes in the skin on your breast, such as dimpling or indentation
- Redness or pitting of your breast skin – kind of like the skin of an orange
- Pain or tenderness in your breast
- An inverted nipple
- Peeling or flaking of the nipple
- Enlarged lymph nodes or swelling in your armpit
What to do if you you have any of these symptoms:
If you notice any of these symptoms, you should consult your healthcare provider immediately. But don’t panic; remember, the majority of breast tumors are benign. Many of the above signs can indicate other issues besides cancer, and your healthcare provider can help you sort it out.
We will be hosting our second Breast Health Awareness lecture on Thursday, October 26th, at the Chantilly Chiropractic Center in Chantilly. This free lecture will begin at 7:15 PM. Plan to come, and bring the women you love with you. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS