The smell of gingerbread filling the kitchen during the holidays is so irresistible, and this recipe turns the classic flavor of gingerbread into a delicious pudding that you can enjoy for a healthy treat or breakfast. We found the inspiration for this recipe over at Eat the Gains. Yum!!!
Gingerbread Chia Pudding
Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 2 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 tsp organic unsulphured molasses
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
Optional toppings: dried cranberries or cherries, chopped walnuts or pecans, coconut whipped cream
- Place the first seven ingredients, (not the chia seeds), into a high powered blender or food processor. Process on high until smooth and all ingredients are combined, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a medium sized resealable bowl. Stir in chia seeds until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Spoon into serving dishes and top with desired toppings, or eat as is. Enjoy!
Note: *you can adjust the consistency by adding a little less almond milk if you like thicker pudding, and more if you like your pudding a little thinner.
Hope this helps brighten your holidays!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS, CSMC