Maybe you’ve heard of chia seeds, but really don’t have any idea what they are. These amazing little seeds are considered a superfood and are high in protein, calcium, and omega fatty acids. Additionally, chia seeds can help boost your energy. What’s not to love about that?!
One of the easiest ways to use chia seeds is in chia seed pudding. We found inspiration for this Creamy Chocolate Chia Pudding on WholeNewMom.com. When you’re craving something chocolatey and creamy, this is just the thing to try. This pudding is so delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s actually good for you! It’s gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and so versatile that you can have it for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds (white or black)
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 – 3 tsp Truvia (or more…adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt (we like Pink Himalayan salt)
- For best results, grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Add the chia seeds and remaining ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Mix thoroughly until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pudding into serving dishes.
- Get creative and sprinkle on any of the following: unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, fresh berries and/or Coconut Whipped Cream.
- If you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge.
We think you’re going to love this recipe! Let us know how you like it, and what your favorite toppings are in the comments below.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS