Even though it’s mid-May, the temperatures here are still a bit chilly, and there’s something comforting about a delicious, steamy bowl of tomato soup any time of year!
This yummy recipe comes from Detox DIY. These ingredients not only look, smell, and taste good; they’re really good for you!
Give it a try and let us know how you like it!!
Turmeric Tomato Detox Soup Recipe – Vegetarian
from Detox DIY
1 tsp Basil, dried
5 oz Cherry tomatoes
2 Garlic cloves
1 Onion, small
1/2 cup Vegetable stock, low-sodium
1 can Tomatoes with their sauce
Baking & Spices:
Black pepper, Freshly ground
1/2 tsp Sea salt
2 tsp Turmeric, powder
Oils & Vinegars:
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Coconut oil
Nuts & Seeds:
1 Seeds and nuts, Mixed
1. Heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan and fry the onion and garlic for one minute.
2. Add turmeric and cherry tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes softens and leave their juices.
3. Add the canned tomatoes, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar and basil, bring to boil, cover with a lid and let simmer for five minutes.
4. Transfer into the blender and pulse to obtain a creamy liquid.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with mixed seeds and nuts.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Kristin Stephens, MS. NTP