Memorial Day Weekend is almost here, and along with gatherings of family and friends there will be lots of food. Even if you’re able to eat sensibly during the meal, dessert can be tricky to navigate!
Here’s a super-easy 3 ingredient Paleo vanilla Ice cream recipe inspired by A Squirrel in the Kitchen. Top with blueberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries for a red, white and blue gluten free, dairy free dessert.
Easy Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 – 4 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until warm, stirring frequently.
2. Taste and adjust the sweetness, if desired.
3. Allow the liquid to cool down completely. Refrigerate to help speed up the cooling process.
4. Pour into an ice-cream machine and churn, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Enjoy immediately as a soft serve, or freeze for a couple of hour before serving.
6. If frozen solid, allow the ice cream to thaw at room temperature for 15 – 30 minutes before serving.
7. Top with fresh berries and enjoy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS