Hello everyone! We hope you are having a great Wednesday so far and are enjoying the nice weather. We are so happy that it is finally a sunny and warm day here in Northern Virginia!
Our blog post today features an amazing muffin recipe that Donna made last weekend for breakfast. These light and fluffy muffins are similar to an angel food cake and are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. With plenty of protein and little sugar, these little guys are easy to make ahead of time and take anywhere as a quick breakfast, mid-day snack, or even an after dinner desert. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- Teaspoon cream tarter
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder*
- 1/4 cup almond flower*
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Truvia
- Flavored stevia drops to taste (I like berry & coconut for a sweet muffin)
- Desired amount of fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together protein powder, almond flour and Truvia- Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until light and foamy
- Add cream of tarter and whip until stiff peaks form. At the last minute add drops of liquid stevia… Swirl 1 time around to blend in.
- Gently fold dry ingredients (protein powder, almond flour, & Truvia) into egg white mixture.
- Spray muffin tins with coconut oil & gently fill tins with batter…
- Add a generous amount of fresh berries to each muffin well.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Since every oven is different, watch these so they don’t burn. They are done when tops are golden brown and the center springs back when you touch it.
*If you have a nut sensitivity…use 1 cup protein powder and omit the almond flour… They will come out like mini angel food cakes 🙂
-The Pure N Well Team 🙂