February is National Heart Month! Come with us on a journey as we evaluate the most significant things you can do to protect the health of your heart…from diet and natural supplements, to lifestyle and environmental influences…many of these things can have a big impact on how you 💓 your heart.
Over the next few weeks we will be taking a close look at the scientific changes that have occurred in cardiovascular medicine over the past 20 years. Unfortunately, many of these advancements are not being discussed in your typical patient/doctor encounter.
We will be discussing blood pressure and the hidden influences that may be contributing to your hypertension. We will also look at cholesterol: what it really is, why our bodies make it, and the multiple reasons why your levels may be elevated. And finally we will look at what natural protocols are being embraced by some of this countries leading medical professionals and heart specialists.💓
Below are a few interesting statistics that you may or may not know about heart disease:
1. Heart disease is the number one killer of women in this country. More than all the cancer rates combined!
2. Most heart attacks occur in the morning.
3. Regular consumption of alcohol, not necessarily the amount, plays a significant role in your risk factor for heart disease.
4. The amount of time you spend sitting has a direct correlation to your
risk factors for heart disease…even if you eat healthy.
5. Inflammation is proving to be a stronger indicator of heart disease risk than cholesterol levels.
Becoming educated and making changes to our life that will protect our cardiovascular health is for EVERYONE. Come join us this month as we learn how to 💓 our hearts.
“Its impossible”….. said pride
“It’s risky” ….. said experience
“Its pointless”….. said reason
“Give it a try”….. whispered the heart
BCN, CNHP, LDHS