Once in awhile, nothing else will satisfy like a fresh-baked muffin! On such special occasions, this recipe fits the bill perfectly.
Bursting with tart lemon and sweet blueberries, this is a treat for breakfast or tea time. Enjoy!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve (we find it at Wegman’s; but you can also get it on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure organic lemon extract
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Using a whisk combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, and lemon extract.
- Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Gently add in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS