We can’t think of anything more delightful than a macaroon!
This recipe, inspired by Paleo Running Momma, is a decadent chocolatey morsel that is grain free, dairy free, and sweetened with honey instead of refined sugar.
Give this recipe a try when you’re looking for a little something sweet that won’t derail your eating plan.
Mocha Coconut Macaroons
Makes 16 macaroons
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- 4 oz unsweetened organic baking chocolate – chopped to make it easier to melt
- 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 1 TBSP raw honey
- 3/4 cup Allwhites 100% liquid egg whites (refrigerated)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional melted dairy free dark chocolate (for drizzling) – we like Enjoy Life Mega Chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a glass bowl, melt unsweetened baking chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave for 20 second increments, stirring after each one, until nearly melted. Remove from microwave and stir to melt completely.
- In a blender or food processor, process the shredded coconut with honey until combine; next, add in cacao and espresso powder, vanilla, salt, melted chocolate mixture, and egg whites. Process until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make 16-18 evenly sized mounds on a the parchment lined baking sheet(s); these can be place close together since they don’t spread.
- Bake in the 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, remove and cool on baking sheet.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you, so when you try these, let us know how you like them!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS