The holidays are literally just around the corner, and whether you’ve already invested a great deal of time and energy developing a healthy way of eating, or are just getting started, we have a treat for you!
You know there will be leftovers from Thanksgiving Dinner; are you wondering how you can make a fabulous sandwich for your leftover turkey or ham, while sticking to your eating plan?
Fear not; we have found this awesome gluten free Paleo Sandwich Bread Recipe from Rebecca Bohl at PaleoGrubs.com. Relatively quick and easy to make, this will keep you on track with eating mindfully and you’ll know that you’re doing something really good for your body!
So, preheat your oven and get ready to enjoy the incomparable smell of baking bread as it fills your kitchen and home…you’re going to love this.
Paleo Sandwich Bread
(Makes 1 Loaf)
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients (almond butter, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and cider vinegar) and mix with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the last four ingredients (flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt) and stir together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until browned and fully set. Remove from the oven, and let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove the loaf from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
NOTE: you can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
For an in-depth conversation about how your food choices an greatly improve your overall health and wellbeing, contact Pure Nutrition + Wellness at email@example.com, or call 844-787-3935. We’re here to help, and would love to hear from you!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS