When roasted in the oven, brussels sprouts become slightly sweet and nutty tasting. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the brussels sprouts, and they roast in about 35 – 40 minutes.
They’re perfect any time, but since Thanksgiving is next week, we thought you’d really enjoy this as a side dish to go with your Thanksgiving meal. The depth of flavor in the roasted brussels sprouts pairs well with our delicious Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe. We’re also fond of this Guilt-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe for dessert.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts – bottoms trimmed, and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash brussels sprouts, trim off bottoms, and remove any yellow leaves.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper; mix with a wooden spoon or your hands to coat well.
- Spread brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes (stirring once or twice) until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Wishing you and yours a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, BCHHP, CNHP, CLSC