Here’s a fabulous, simple chicken salad that you can put together in just a few minutes! It’s especially easy if you plan to make enough chicken with a different meal to have left-overs for this salad. This recipe can easily be doubled, and we think you’ll agree it’s refreshing and delicious.
Springtime Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked, cooled and diced chicken breast (use left-overs from another chicken meal!)
- 1/4 cup green apple, diced
- 1/4 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise (plus a little more, if needed) – see recipe
- Mixed Salad Greens (about 3 cups per person)
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 serving plates
- Put the first six ingredients into a bowl, and mix together well. Add a little more mayonnaise, if it seems too dry. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Place fresh, mixed salad greens on each plate. Top each salad with half of the chicken mixture.
- Serve, and enjoy!
It’s really just that easy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS