A steamy bowl of this soup is both nourishing and nurturing, and somehow just makes everything seem warm and cozy on cold, wintery days. It’s a favorite in my (Vicki’s) house!
Creamy Zucchini Soup
Makes 6 – 8 Servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 large yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp herbs de provence
- Pink himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat, and stir in the onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté until the onions are translucent – about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, and continue to sauté for another minute or two until fragrant.
- Pour in the zucchini, yellow squash, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add the herbs de provence, pink himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Stir well and cover, reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for 15 – 20 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Use an immersion blender, to blend the soup until a creamy smooth consistency. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve in either soup bowls or mugs, and enjoy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS, CSMC