Here’s a way to make eating your veggies a special treat this holiday season (or any time)! Our dairy free Holiday French Onion Dip with Crudités is perfect for munching, regardless of how many or few are gathering to celebrate.
Suggested crudités include: blanched asparagus; raw broccoli and cauliflower florets; cucumbers; carrots (rainbow carrots are extra special!); various colored bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, green); and radishes.
We’re sharing two options for the sour cream in this recipe: WayFare Vegan Sour Cream a plant-based, nut-free sour cream made from a base of organic butter beans and organic oats; and Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative, with an almond/coconut base. Choose the one that will work best for your personal eating plan and enjoy!
Holiday French Onion Dip with Crudités…
- 1 cup dairy free sour cream (try WayFare Vegan Sour Cream or Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative)
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- A sprinkle of paprika for garnish
- Crudités (see above list for suggestions)
- To prepare caramelized onions, thinly slice one medium sized yellow onion. Sauté in 1 TBSP organic avocado oil over medium heat until the onions caramelize. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Once they reach a deep, rich golden color, remove from heat and cool. When cooled, chop into smaller bits for the dip.
- Combine the dairy free sour cream, caramelized onions, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place in a serving dish and garnish with chopped fresh chives and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve along with a platter of prepared crudités; enjoy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe. BCHHP, CNHP, DHP