Who wouldn’t love to try one of these yummy little morsels? Inspired by sweetashoney.co.nz, these easy to make truffles would be the perfect treat for any holiday party. Looking very festive with a drizzle of dark chocolate, they would also make a great homemade gift!
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (NOTE: you can substitute 1/3 cup coconut oil combined with 2 Tbsp coconut cream and 4 tsp stevia to make this recipe sugar free)
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2-4 Tbsp water
1/2 cup 85% dark chocolate, melted in the microwave
- Using a food processor, combine the first four ingredients and process with the S blade attachment on medium speed for 1 – 2 minutes, stopping often to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add water gradually, until reaching the consistency of a ball of coconut dough. (You should not need more than the four tablespoons of water.)
- Form 1 inch balls by rolling the dough in your hands.
- Decorate the truffles by drizzling with the melted chocolate, or simply rolling in extra shredded coconut.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chocolate sets (about 5 – 10 minutes).
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Enjoy the holiday festivities this year! For a more in-depth conversation about how real food and mindful eating can improve your overall wellbeing, contact Pure Nutrition + Wellness at [email protected], or call us at 844-787-3935.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS