When the temperature rises, we crave light and refreshing treats to help us beat the heat!
This fabulous two ingredient sorbet, inspired by Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie, really hits the spot. Best of all, it’s gluten free, dairy free…and simply delicious!!
Fruity Strawberry Sorbet
Makes 2 servings
- 3 cups of frozen organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or maple syrup
- Let the 3 cups of frozen strawberries sit out for about 3 – 4 minutes, just until they begin to thaw slightly. (The outside just starting to get soft and the inside still frozen.)
- Place the slightly thawed berries and raw honey or maple syrup into a food processor, and pulse a few times to begin blending. Then, process on high until smooth. If you’re not able to achieve the consistency you desire, let it sit for another couple of minutes and blend again.
- Serve immediately, or place in the freezer to enjoy later!
- If the consistency is too thin: just put the mixture into a Pyrex dish, cover, and place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to help the mixture set. Afterwards, remove from the freezer and scoop out your sorbet.
- If the consistency is too hard, let it sit out for just a few minutes to soften. This will make it easier to scoop.
What’s your favorite sorbet flavor? Tell us in the comments below!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS