In case you are looking for a slightly decadent Valentine’s Day dessert, here you go!
These rich, dark fudgy chocolate brownies are dairy free, sugar free, and gluten free! What’s the secret to their incredible texture? See if you can discover it in the ingredients list below.
Mmmmm….so yummy!!! You’re welcome!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 3 oz Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips (1/3 bag)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe avocado (about 2 medium; or use Wholly Avocado minis if you can’t find nice avocados)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Truvia or Swerve granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Navitas Organics Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze and Toppings:
- 1/3 cup Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 2 TBSP chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9” square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine the 3 ounces of dark chocolate chips with the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the brownie ingredients into a food processor (use the S blade attachment): ripe avocado, eggs, sweetener, almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Pulse for 30 to 60 seconds or until the ingredients have combined into a thick batter.
- Use a spatula to scoop the batter into the prepared pan, and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Do not cut yet.
- Using the parchment paper to lift, remove the brownies from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to come to room temperature.
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare the chocolate glaze by combining the 1/3 cup of Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips and 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in a small saucepan, stirring over medium heat until melted and shiny. Do not allow to burn.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the glaze over the cooled brownies, and top with the chopped nuts and a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt, if desired.
- Cut the brownies into 16 squares. Can be stored in an airtight container in a cool place for up to four days.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, BCHHP, CNHP, DHP