By Kristin Stephens, MS, NTP
One of the biggest challenges in living the Pure Lifestyle can be making healthy food choices! We all seem to be juggling so many things that planning and preparing healthy food can seem somewhat overwhelming.
With that in mind, over the next few weeks we’re going to focus on some simple and delicious options that will make the goal of living the Pure Lifestyle seem a little easier for you! First up, protein options:
5 Easy Protein Options
Looking for a healthy way to cook protein? Here are five easy ways to make your next healthy protein portion. Serve alongside your favorite salad or roasted veggies for a full meal.
- Salsa chicken – Put 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs in a slow cooker. Add a cup of your favorite salsa and a tsp of sea salt. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or until the meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Basic burgers – Take 1 lb ground beef and add salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well, form into 4-6 balls and then flatten. Cook on the grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop with a grill pan.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Bring pot of water to a boil. Add six eggs and let boil for 7-9 minutes depending on how you like the yolk cooked. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Simple salmon – Grease a baking sheet with avocado oil or ghee. Place two 4-6 ounce salmon filets on baking sheet. Drizzle avocado oil on each filet and then sprinkle with sea salt, and black pepper. Cook in a 425 degree oven for 6 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice on top when serving.
- Seasoned ground beef – Cook 1 lb ground beef in skillet until no longer pink. Add sea salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes if desired.
Next week, we’ll share some great ways to cook fresh veggies!
We’d love to hear from you!! What is your favorite protein and how do you like to prepare it? Tell us in the comment section below.
To have an in-depth conversation with us about how healthy food choices can improve your overall health and wellbeing, please contact Pure Nutrition + Wellness LLC at [email protected], or call us at 844-787-3935.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Kristin Stephens, MS, NTP