Who doesn’t love homemade whipped cream and fresh berries? If you are avoiding dairy, you don’t have to feel deprived; this will satisfy your craving for something creamy!
Here’s a simple recipe for homemade Coconut Whipped Cream to try the next time you feel like having something a little extra special.
Coconut Whipped Cream
2 cans coconut cream (we like Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream)
1 tablespoon honey (or for a sugar free option, use a little Stevia to taste)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chill both cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prior to making the whipped cream, chill your mixing bowl for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Scoop the hardened cream from each can into the mixing bowl, and reserve the watery liquid for another use. (You could add this coconut water to smoothies!)
- Add the honey and vanilla extract, and whip on high speed until you the cream has become smooth and forms soft peaks.
- Spoon onto your favorite berries, or other dessert of choice and enjoy!
Tell us how you like to use homemade coconut whipped cream in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!
For more information about how improving your nutrition can enhance your health and overall well-being, please contact Pure Nutrition + Wellness LLC at [email protected], or call us at 844-787-3935.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS