We think you’re going to love this super easy recipe for Paleo Chocolate Cookie Bites.
These are gluten free, diary free, and sugar free so they might be a great Valentine’s Day treat to make for your friends, family, or just for yourself!
We’re sharing our favorite ingredients with you below so that you know what to look for if there’s something you don’t already have on hand.
Paleo Chocolate Cookie Bites
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Navitas Organics cacao powder, unsweetened (you can also use unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Swerve sweetener
- 3/4 tsp aluminum free baking powder (Whole Foods and Trader Joes have their own brand)
- 1/4 tsp fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips, chopped into smaller bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients together in a medium size bowl, and stir together to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour in the water and mix until everything is moistened. Stir in the chopped chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough, forming it into a round ball and placing it on the baking sheet leaving about 2 inches in between.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the tops begin to crack slightly. Add an extra minute or two, if needed.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet; then transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. (Keeps for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.)
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, BCHHP, CNHP, DHP