This simple, refreshing recipe can be made in just minutes…without an ice cream maker! The secret is using frozen raspberries. How awesome is that?!
Inspired by Vegan Family Recipes, this summertime treat is paleo, vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free. Yum!!
Easy Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
Makes up to 5 servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries (we like Cascadian Farm Organic Red Raspberries)
- 1 cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream (see notes below)
- 2-4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (if needed for sweetness)
- up to 1/3 cup coconut water (from the can of coconut cream)
- The night before making, prepare the coconut cream by placing the can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream in the fridge. (It wouldn’t hurt to refrigerate 2 cans just in case there’s not quite enough cream in one can to make 1 cup) Do not shake prior to refrigerating; the desired result is that the cream and coconut water will separate in the can. Scoop out the coconut cream to use for this recipe; reserve the coconut water if needed for this recipe, or for another use.
- Place the first two ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend on high.
- If you have trouble blending the berries and coconut cream, add only 1 TBSP at a time of the coconut water. Use as little as possible; and do not exceed 1/3 cup coconut water, as the ice cream will become too soft to scoop!
- Taste for sweetness, and add a little pure maple syrup is needed.
- Scoop into serving dishes and serve right away!
NOTE: If you have any left over, you can store the remaining ice cream in the freezer. Press the ice cream into a container, and press wax paper onto the surface to help prevent the formation of ice crystals. Just make sure to allow time for the ice cream to soften once removed from the freezer. It is not recommended to refreeze.
You can also substitute other frozen fruit for the raspberries, so give it a try and tell us how you like it!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS