Eating breakfast is something that we all should be doing as a way to kick start our metabolisms and prepare ourselves for our day ahead! It is important to eat meals for breakfast that do not pack on the sugar, as we need to start the day with healthy blood-glucose levels to sustain our bodies for the day to come.
We have searched and found three amazing, tasty, and simple breakfast ideas we think you’ll love!
1. Tropical Coconut Chia Pudding by Gourmet Innovations
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5-10 drops of stevia to taste*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (6 for thick pudding)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 mason jars, 1pint sized
- Mix together the coconut milk, stevia, vanilla, cardamom, salt, and water until fully combined
- Place two tablespoons of chia seeds in each jar
- Pour the cocont mixture evenly into each jar, stirring the chia seeds. Secure the lids on the jars
- Refrigerate overnight after making
- Serve with your choice of topped fruit, or with ¼ cup fresh pineapple as suggested
*we have substituted 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup with drops of stevia
2. Simple Blueberry Muffins by Paleomg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place ingredients directly into a muffin tin, or you can use muffin tin paper liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
*If you are watching your sugar intake, we suggest using stevia drops instead of honey, or lowering the amount to 1/4 cup.
3. Grain Free Granola by Elenas Pantry
- Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight
- Place raisins in a separate bowl, cover with (½ to 1 cup) water and soak overnight
- Place the raisins, along with their soaking water in a food processor and puree until smooth
- In a fine mesh metal strainer, drain and rinse the nuts and seeds and discard the soaking water
- Add nuts and seeds to raisin puree in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola, then add vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pulse briefly to incorporate these final ingredients
- Transfer mixture onto two large parchment lined baking sheets
- To make live granola, place in the oven on the lowest setting (usually 135°) for 24 hours
- For instant gratification, bake 45 minutes in the oven at 250°; for this more decadent treat, I sometimes drizzle agave over the granola, or add shredded coconut, currants and other dried fruit