Starting off the new year with a detox? Here’s a warming, nourishing recipe for a soup that will help you support your efforts. Enjoy!
Detox Soup Recipe
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced (white part only)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups organic chicken broth (we like Kettle & Fire)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- In a large pot, add the extra virgin olive oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the onion, leek, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh ginger. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in 1/4 cup water or broth, if needed.
- Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the chicken broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 3-5 minutes of simmering.
If you need extra support during your detox, we’re here to help you. You can schedule a consultation by calling 844-787-3935, Ext. 1, or emailing us a firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s to your best health in 2019!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS, CSMC