Here’s a super simple recipe to throw together when you’re in the mood for something a little sweet and “pumpkin-y”… no baking required. This is Paleo, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, too, so it helps you stick with your eating plan.
You’ll need a food processor, and a little time to let the mixture firm up, but it will be worth the wait! Yummy!!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon (we like the Saigon Cinnamon from Costco)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (cocoa powder can be substituted)
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the pecans, pumpkin, and spices into a food processor and pulse until you achieve a course ground consistency. Add in the dates and pulse again until the mixture becomes thick and holds together. A tiny sprinkle of water might be needed to bring the mixture together.
- Press half of the pumpkin pecan mixture into the pan and put it into the freezer while you make the chocolate ganache.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate ganache in a large bowl until well combined.
- Take the pumpkin pecan mixture out of the freezer and put the chocolate ganache over the first layer. Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and press the remaining half of the pumpkin pecan mixture on top of the other two layers. Return the dish to the freezer for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once set, cut into bars and serve.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, BCHHP, CNHP, CLSC