This recipe for a fresh, delicious sauce works fantastically well with zoodles – zucchini “noodles” – a perfect substitute for regular pasta for those of us who are avoiding grains.
You can find them already prepared in many grocery stores. For zoodles cooking directions, look here.*)
The sauce takes a little extra time, but it’s well worth it! Enjoy!!
Roasted Red Pepper “Pasta” Sauce
Paleo, vegan, dairy free, gluten free
- 12 large, ripe Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- handful of fresh basil
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Place first four ingredients in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and pinch of salt. Stir gently to combine and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until the they are soft and caramelized.
- Transfer the roasted veggies into a food processor or blender; toss in the fresh basil and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning; add more salt, if needed.
- Prepare zoodles according to directions as suggested above.*
- Pour sauce over prepared zoodles and finish with freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you. Try the recipe and comment below!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS