Looking for a yummy, Paleo-friendly dip to serve with raw veggies? We think you’re going to love this recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Hummus; it has all the richness of regular hummus, but substitutes roasted cauliflower for the chickpeas. I (Vicki) had a hard time telling it from the original, which, by the way, I absolutely love! Give it a try…it’s totally worth the effort!
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 – 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (use 1 clove if you prefer less garlic in your food!)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare the cauliflower by putting into a large bowl, drizzling with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stirring well to coat. Spread out onto the lined baking sheet and roast for 25 – 30 minutes until tender.
- Place roasted cauliflower, tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin, and a pinch of salt into either a food processor or high powered blender. Pulse for 30 – 45 seconds, until somewhat smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in the water, a little at a time, just until the hummus becomes smooth and creamy.
- Serve with an assortment of fresh veggies and enjoy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, BCHHP, CNHP, CSMC