By Kristin Stephens, MS, NTP
Lunch can sometimes be a tough meal to plan for. There are days you don’t get time away from the office to actually eat a decent meal. Other times, you just don’t have time in the morning to pack yourself something.
And remember, lunch is a great time to get in your veggies! Check out our Eat Your Veggies post for reminders on how you can work them into your lunches.
Here are five healthy lunch options you can make quickly and easily:
- Salad in a jar – these were all the rage a few years ago on Pinterest. And rightfully so. Pack it with greens, veggies, nuts, seeds, and then top it with chicken, avocado, homemade dressing and other goodies.
- Leftovers – the easiest lunch to pack for yourself is leftovers from the night before. Do your best to cook extra to ensure you have lunch the next day.
- Protein salad on greens – whip up tuna, egg, or chicken salad with lots of fixings and eat it on a bed of greens.
- One-pot meal for the week – Especially during the winter, I like to cook a batch of chili or chicken curry which I leave in the office refrigerator. I pull a serving from the container each day at lunch and warm it up in my Crockpot Lunch Warmer (**see notes below) or the microwave.
- Bento box – pack yourself a kid-style lunch with a protein, vegetable, fruit, and some nuts. Try some shredded chicken, sautéed peppers, a few strawberries, and some soaked and dehydrated almonds. Bring an avocado to eat with it and you’ve got a meal!
A little prep time can go a long way to providing you healthy lunches for the week. On Sundays, you can prep your one-pot meal for the week, pack your salads in jars, or make a few batches of protein salad. Having all of these ready before the chaos of the week begins will make it super easy to eat a healthy lunch each day.
**Crock-pot Lunch Crock: This little gadget is such a great investment! Just remember to put your food in the warmer (and plug it in!) at least an hour before you want to eat it.
Do you have a favorite healthy lunch? Tell us about it in the comments section below!
The Pure Reset Diet Guide provides menus, shopping lists, and recipes that will assist you in preparing healthy food to help you feel your best! For a Free 20 Minute Phone Consultation about the Pure Reset Diet, or our other wellness programs, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 844-787-3935.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Kristin Stephens, MS, NTP