This salad recipe makes a delicious lunch or dinner in a matter of minutes, especially if you have some leftover chicken from a previous meal. You can also pick up a roasted chicken to use, instead.
The combination of chicken, greens and fruit is light, refreshing and satisfying. We think you’re going to love it!
Harvest Salad Recipe
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (use leftovers from a previous meal, or pick up a roasted chicken to use for this recipe)
- 1 medium sized apple, diced (Granny Smith works well for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 6 cups salad greens, washed and dried
- apple cider vinaigrette (see recipe)
- garnish with 2 tsp low-sugar dried cranberries and 2 tsp diced dried apricots
- Prepare the salad greens, and place in a salad bowl.
- Shred the chicken; then dice the apple and celery place them in the salad bowl with the greens.
- Add in 1/4 cup apple cider vinaigrette, and toss to coat the ingredients in the bowl.
- Divide the salad mixture between two serving bowls.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the salads, and garnish with a sprinkle of the dried cranberries and apricots. Serve, and enjoy!
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS, CMSC