If you haven’t yet tried chia pudding, start with this recipe. Chia seeds are considered a superfood, containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, fiber, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and vitamins A, C, and E.
This recipe includes pumpkin puree with aromatic pumpkin pie spice, elevating humble chia seeds to a new level. Inspired by Create Mindfully, here’s our version of this yummy and healthy pudding. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Chia Pudding
Makes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia (plain or vanilla)
- 1/4 organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice (Recipe)
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk in a bowl. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least an hour.
- Transfer the chia seed/almond milk mixture to a high speed blender and add the vanilla extract, liquid stevia, pumpkin puree, homemade pumpkin pie spice, and pinch of salt. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into serving dishes. Garnish with chopped nuts.
Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments below.
Donna Stephens, BCN, CNHP, LDHS
Vicki Kolbe, CNHP, CHS, CSMC